Thursday, July 24, 2014

The one where I'm lost, but my art is right where it belongs. Wendy J. St. Christopher - Art166.com


'Grand Hyatt San Antonio' at Art166.com. Prices begin at $32 US.



"Wherever you go, there you are."

~ from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The 8th Dimension


I have a nearly non-existent sense of direction.

Say you'll meet me on Houston Street, and I'll end up on Military Highway. Ask for directions to Austin, and I'll point you toward Corpus Christi.

So, it shouldn't surprise anyone that, even though I've photographed this hotel several times, I couldn't quite find it again to double-check its name and location.

I called my sister for advice. Yes, the grumpy sister, who hates being interrupted at work.  The conversation went something like this --

Me: "You know that big hotel next door to the Convention Center? It's right across the street from that other REALLY BIG hotel? The one on Commerce Street?"

Her: "No; but, the Convention Center's not on Commerce . . . "

Me: "Sure it is! You know -- right behind the mall . . . "

Her: "That's Market Street, dufus!"

Me: " . . . . . ."

Her: "The Convention Center? The Lila Cockrell Theater? Market Street."

Me: "But . . . I've spent an hour searching for buildings on Commerce . . ."

Her: "D'uh."

Me: "Okay, thanks. Let me spend a little more time on Google."

Her: "That's just sad." ~ disconnects phone ~

Me: ~ I hang up the phone, too -- even though I'm pretty sure she's completely wrong. ~

Two minutes later, I hit redial.  She answers, reluctantly.  My earlier call has, apparently, exacerbated the inherent grumpiness.

Me: "Guess what? You were right; it's the Grand Hyatt, on Market Street! Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Her: "That's just sad." ~ disconnects phone ~

Me: ~ I hang up, too (deja vu?), and add the newly corrected information to my online listing. All the while trying to figure out when I mentally swapped Market Street for Commerce Street . . . ~

------

* This fine art print depicting the Grand Hyatt in San Antonio, Texas -- on Market Street, not Commerce Street -- is available through my website at Art166.com.   

The print is available in a variety of sizes, fine finishes, and optional framing choices.  Click here to learn more, or purchase.  (Product page will open in a new window of your browser.)

** I suggest the Acrylic Print (no frame necessary), for a contemporary, high-impact display, or Premium Somerset Velvet Paper, for a more traditional look.

Optional framing and matting treatments are also available at the site.

Suggested framing as shown above -

Frame style - Simple, black, gallery frame.  Model 111MBLK
Mat style - Arctic white w/black core


While visiting the site, you're invited to sign up for my newsletter.  Click here to subscribe.


True Tales of an Insomniac Artist
Wendy J. St. Christopher, Art166.com and Art166.net

No comments:

Post a Comment