Tuesday, December 06, 2005




Da Vinci's Nudge

This whimsical image is available for purchase, in a variety of sizes and price points, at Art166.com. (Where secure shopping is available and rampant shopping is encouraged!) Look for it in the Abstractions gallery.

___________


The Backstory -

Once upon a time, at the end of a day-long road trip with my one-man posse (hey, Joe!), I took a photograph (top photo, above) of a really BIG windmill. This was the very last shot of the day and I was using a new camera. ALL my fingers were crossed . . .

That less than stellar photo was imported into Photoshop where it was painstakingly manipulated into "Da Vinci's Nudge." The windmill blades remind me of illustrations of Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machine wing structure, which can be seen here.

Hence, the inspired title.

If Da Vinci is spinning in his grave over my folly, I DON'T want to know about it!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Very cool manipulation, love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Florence! I recently ordered a VERY large print of this one. I just had to see it larger than life.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete