Monday, January 12, 2009

Pipe Dreams - Photo-manipulation - Digital Art




art166 photo-manipulation digital abstract contemporary Zazzle

~ Pipe Dreams
available as Fine Art print or high quality Poster,
or mouse pad.
Choose options when placing order.

Available now, in my Art166 - Zazzle Store.
* * * *
~ Pipe Dreams -- we've all had 'em!

A digitally manipulated photo - another of my submissions in the Online Professional Visual Artists Forum's "Materials" competition.

* * *

"To see what is in front of one's nose needs a constant struggle."
- George Orwell


"Pipe Dreams" has become one of my favorite pieces (don't they all?), though it took several years of off-and-on tinkering to get exactly the effect I wanted.

I know, I know -- I could have painted the Sistine Chapel Ceiling in that much time.
Assuming, of course, that I could EVER have painted the Sistine Chapel Ceiling. Not!

As you can see from the 'Original' photo, above, I had a very long way to go. I just knew there was something special hiding in those unassuming pipes -- it was my job to ferret it out.

May I say -- I love my job!
.

7 comments:

  1. lol, who knew there was such beauty or potential in pipes. I like what you did with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy your 'Pipe Dreams' looks pretty amazing and I enjoy seeing the before and after photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that's amazing! Even ordinary things look so extraordinary in your works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job of ferreting. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love pipe dreams...see that is what i find fascinating about artist, they see the world in ways that would never, ever occurred to me.

    i have been admiring your work, so happy you are up and at it and you share with us. thank you, they are so lovely.

    hope you have yourself a good wknd and it is not freezing where you are. receive our love and many hundreds of hugs. xooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:59 PM

    When I first saw your photo of the pipe/plumbing work, I thought what in the world can she do with this?? All I can say, is "WOW"! Pretty dang amazing...

    ReplyDelete