Tuesday, February 21, 2006











Complex

and

Complex B&W

Both images are available for purchase, in a variety of sizes and price points, at Art166.com.

Look for them in the Unexpected Hardware gallery.

___________


The Backstory -

It was a dark and stormy night . . .

* * * CUT! * * * Let's try that again.

It was a hot and muggy day. My "road posse" and I (Hey, Neesie! Hey, Joe!) were driving through a town that I really can't remember the name of (if you recognize the location, drop me a line) when we spotted these "really big things" towering over the landscape. (Um, if you know what they are, drop me a line.)

As usual, the Canon was already in my hand (good thing I wasn't driving!) and I was able to fire off a few shots. Thank goodness for 12X zoom, as we were blocks away from these "really big things."

To my less-than-conventional mind, they seem a little sinister -- like alien scouts, or some kind of government mind control transmitters. Or, maybe they're bombarding us with high frequency subliminal propaganda.

The reality of their existence is almost certain to be a major disappointment.

Whatever they are, I can't stop producing digital
variations of them! Oh, no! I think my mind is being controlled by Photoshop!!! Yikes!

~

When I update on Thursday, I'll post the photo of "The Tree" that we found on this same road trip.


1 comment:

  1. These are awesome. I like both images a lot. Stark and atmospheric. I like the little red lights too. They are a bit creepy aren't they?!! You should do one with like a blood red sky behind them.

    ...waiting for the tree!!

    ReplyDelete