Sunday, November 16, 2008





(click image to enlarge)

~ Night, In This House

Available now at my Art166 ~ Zazzle Store.
Choose your options when ordering.


* * * *

"Within, walls continued upright, bricks met neatly, floors were firm, and doors were sensibly shut; silence lay steadily against the wood and stone of Hill House, and whatever walked there, walked alone."
~ Shirley Jackson from
'The Haunting of Hill House'



"If I were gonna haunt somebody,
this would certainly be the house I'd do it in."
~ Richard Long as Lance Schroeder in
'The House on Haunted Hill
'

* * * *

The unexpected benefits of oxygen deprivation:

In May of 2006, I attended a high school graduation. I was there in support of a very special person -- though the actual ceremony was quite unremarkable.

Except for the fact that I was having a severe asthma attack that night. A 'should be in the hospital, face and fingertips numb from lack of oxygen, God, don't let me die 'til I get home' asthma attack.

To take my mind off my impending date with destiny, I started taking discrete photos of the architecture in the assembly hall. Photos of the big ceiling fixture (Original photo, above) eventually
led to "Night, In This House".

You can read more about these images, here.


EDIT:

Oops! Looks like I completely overwrote yesterdays lovely picture and blogpost. If I had even one ounce of spare energy, I'd redo the post for you. As it is, I think I'll just take a nap.

Sorry 'bout that!


Day 4

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps I should leave the oxygen bottle home and take the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Dr. John,

    I'm thinking that's not an 'either/or' kind of situation.

    Perhaps it's more a "wonder if I can carry both?" or a "Betty, can you hold this for me?" kind of thing.

    I hope . . .

    ReplyDelete